Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Summer Times

Is it possible that the last time I posted was May 19th? That seems like it was such a long time ago... I guess mostly because it was. It isn't that I necessarily had writers block, but I just wasn't in a mood to put pen to paper or rather finger to keyboard.

So here are the updates. In June I celebrated my 33rd birthday. It was a nice night of football and lasagna. The Bombers lost but hey it was only pre-season.

In July, Michelle and I spent a lot of time at the lake on the weekends. I love being out there at Nutimik. Sitting on the water in the boat soaking up the sun, reading a book. Can't get much better than that as far as I am concerned. For the July long weekend, we headed to Lac du Bonnet to watch the fire works. It took a long time for them to start but the wait was definitely worth it. I would have to say that the fire works were second to none. City of Winnipeg could certainly learn a thing or two. The two things that kind of sucked were that it was so windy that people were getting ashes dropped on their heads (luckily we were out of harms way) and the second thing was that for some reason, of all days, the fish flies came out. Before the event I hadn't seen one fish fly and by the time we left, you couldn't take a step with out crunching multiple bugs under your feet. Gross...

Of course I can't forget to mention that Michelle and I made it to one year and she surprised me by renting a cabin at Barrier Bay (Couple Only) Resort. It was really nice not having any kids running around, splashing around and being...kids....

So this weekend Michelle and I leave for Calgary. We are going for a Family Reunion from my mom's side. It is usually a lot of fun but it is a long drive for a weekend...

We are planning on making a stop out in Banff if we can. Should be loads of fun!

See ya after we get back...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How 'bout them Bombers, eh? That Milt!

Monika said...

Wow Dave, I thought you had totally give up on blogging! Yeah like I should talk, I haven't posted since middle of June either. I hope you guys have a fun trip out to Calgary and Banff, like I said to Michelle you are welcome to come up here too, we would love to see you guys!